Monday, August 15, 2011

And then there was one


I started out the summer saying I was going to train for the Top of Utah MARATHON. Yup yup yup, a marathon. I was going to do it with my cousins and maybe my mom. Now, I think it is just gonna be me. :) As the summer has gone on I have trained my butt off. So many mornings my alarm would go off at seven and I would NOT wanna get up, but up I would get and run at least 5 miles. It is funny, as you start running your perspective on what is a long way to run totally changes. I now look at my training schedule (Made by Hal Higdon, he is a great guy even though I don't know him! He trains me for every race! Thank goodness for him.) sorry for that side note. But I look at my schedule and see 5 miles and say PHEW! Only 5 today, looks like I am set.

Now don't think I am some crazy runner cause my runs I go about a 10 minute mile pace and I bet ANY one of you could go with me. but ANYWAYS, I looked at my schedule last week and saw the dreaded 20 mile run looming in the near future, and boy was a dreading it! Well Erin and I accomplished that run today. We literally ran ALL over Bountiful. We went high and low, north and south, east and west. We got honked at by 3 cars full of the male gender (we were wishing we were wearing signs so we could inform them we were running 20 miles and that we don't ALWAYS look like old women when we run.) and then honked at once by a grumpy lady telling us to get off the road... She was probably just late for work, right? People aren't really that mean I hope.. ha Well we finished in three and a half hours and I feel FANTASTIC. I could have ran six more miles for sure. Bring it on Marathon!

One more long run to go and then it is the race day. I can do it. I can't wait for race day.......... My mom gave me this scripture today after my run. 1 corinthians 9:24. I may not get the real prize but finishing is a good enough prize for me! :)

Running is my getaway, try it.

P.S. Race day is Sept. 17. You are more than welcome to come cheer me on :) Just sayin.

2 comments:

  1. Your momma will be there cheering you on! You can count on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is it at maybe I will come too!

    ReplyDelete