Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Start of Something New

Bountiful Utah. Settled by Perrigrin Sessions in 1847 was originally named Sessions' Settlement. In between Bountiful and Salt Lake City the first real hard surface road was laid and the Bountiful Cemetery is one of the most beautiful in the state. (I know kinda creepy, but hey I would rather have a pretty cemetery that one of the most beautiful dumps in the state like Moab has!) Now Bountiful is the home to.... me, Karen. It has been good to me so far.

I learned last time I moved out that one of my favorite things about moving out was buying my own cereal because I get to pick WHATEVER kind I want, and I don't care about the price, gotta live it up while you're young. I know what you are thinking right now, what were my first choices?? Well, it was Fiber ONE Honey Clusters, Oops! All Berries, and Blueberry Muffin tops... Yum yum yum!

(My cereals, pure joy)

Mindy, Jake, and Cash are awesome. They are always willing to let me chill with them when I have nothing else to do. They also are going through the painful process of looking for a car (because the spaceship died :(..) with me and I am so grateful that they are willing to do that! And I have to add Mindy knows me very well! We went to look at cars earlier this evening and as we were getting on the freeway I got a text from Erin telling me there was and institute class we should go to. I really wanted to go but I felt bad cause we were already on our way too look at cars. Mindy kept saying it was ok if I wanted to go and that I SHOULD go. So, we basically took a drive to Salt Lake, looked at a few cars and then drove back and dropped me off so I could go with Erin and Allison. I should have just said I wanted to go in the first place but I didn't and Mindy was still so nice and happy to let me go :) Thanks Mind. One more thing, today I was tending Cashy and he said "apple" and "pop"! Still working on "Karen" :) That little man is so smart and he is gonna start forming sentences in no time. Even though his baby talk is stinking cute I can't wait for him to start talking. (Maybe then he'll be able to understand when I tell him not to pull my hair... ha)

(The last picture of the Spaceship... tear)

And I am loving my ward I have been to it twice and met a bunch of new people. Yesterday I went to FHE and that was really fun. I love having the ward because I really have been feeling like a loser.. ha and the ward gives me something to do and a great place to be around people my age AND feel the spirit, can't get better. I have to keep reminding myself that I just moved and my life will start again I just have to give it time to develop and I have to give me time to meet new people.

Change is hard for me but I am happy I just did it. It'll be so good for me and I can't wait to see what the summer holds. Right now instead of focusing on the big changes that make me nervous, or how I don't know hardly anyone, I am focusing on the little things that make me happy, like what cereal to buy next :) hmmm... There's really no way of knowing.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty sure you're upstairs asleep right now, but here I am doing what hugely pregnant girls do best...not sleeping. K, so first of all...you TOTALLY rock for teaching my kid 2 whole new words today. Amazing. He thinks you are the CoOleSt and I love love it. I just really hope that you aren't bald by the end of the summer because of his sticky little mits and that you can put up with us constantly doting over him. Can't help it. :) Love you girl. And yes, I do know you very well...you are the skinny, brunette, cool version of MEEEee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...it was actually 12:26am when I posted that comment. Fooled you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get that info about Bountiful? I guess I need to visit their cemetery. I'm glad you're experiencing a new adventure but my house in Logan is sure quiet now that you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google mom. Its an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete