Friday, February 10, 2012

Hallelujah!

Man I am having a gooooood day! :)
Ok, let me preface why I am so happy. So on January 14 I took my general content knowledge test to certify to become a Biology teacher. Let me tell you, I was streeesssing. I took a few practice tests before and I didn't do very well so I was real worried I was gonna fail. Well I studied hard after my practice tests and the day of the test finally arrived. I had just come to terms with the fact that I may fail. I just thought, yup... I might have to retake this test, and you know what, that's ok! So I went into the test. LONGEST TEST EVER. It was so long and and the people were strict and yeah it was bad news. To make matters worse the test was timed.... I am not good at taking timed test! I get so nervous that I am not going to finish and then it just makes everything worse. Well anyways, half the time was gone and I wasn't half done with my test. I started to speed up a little and right before they called time I finished the test. I was discouraged to say the least. I felt like there were a whole bunch of questions I didn't know the answers too and I just wasn't sure how I did.

Well this week I have started dreading Feb. 14 because that is the day I thought my Praxis scores would be released. I didn't want to look and see I didn't pass and then have V-day ruined! hahah BUT today in the mail I got a certificate that looked a little like this.
SO mine said Karen Schmidt and my test was Biology but you get the idea! so don't worry about it ;)


This basically means I am a genius. ha psych. It does mean, however, that I scored in the top 15% of everyone who has taken the test in previous years! :) I PASSED! I never have to take this dumb test again! YES YES YES. I am thrilled. I can be a science teacher now, and if my students say, "Teacher you do not know what you are talking about.." I will just whip this certificate out and say, "yes I do!" hahaha sorry to toot my own horn but I just am so excited.  Well all, it looks like 2012 is shaping up to be a GREAT year. Love the life you have and go find yourself a valentine before Tuesday :) that's gonna be a good day too. adios.

5 comments:

  1. that's awesome, way to go Smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.gosh. Good job KAR. I COULDN'T be more proud of my baby sis!! REally couldn't. Love how you say things...you a funny girl. :) We sure love you and are very impressed!!! :) (Cashy just said, "Good job Karen!!" ANd Chloe clapped her hands. I'm pretty sure she gets it and was applauding your accomplishment.

    YOU.ROCK.

    Oh, and ya, your V-day will be amAZing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember you got your brains from your momma.

    ReplyDelete